Saturday 20 October 2012

Cisco Linksys RE1000 Wireless N Range Extender - Unboxing

One of my main worry about wifi at home is coverage. Although I bought the Cisco Linksys EA 4500 which has the highest coverage, I was worried it was not enough. 

So I bought the Linksys RE1000 Range Extender at the same shop in KL to support the EA 4500 router. It was slightly cheaper in KL at the time when I bought it.

The set-up was only one time and very easy. It was 'fire and forget' set-up.

Here are the unboxing photos.











As with the router EA 4500, the texture of this Extender is the same. 
It comes with 2 sets of interchangeable plugs. As I mentioned in my earlier posting for the EA 4500, 
this is commendable that Cisco did this. It shows that they give a thought to their customers.


It also comes with a Cat-5 cable.





The power cables allow the Extender to be a desktop device. 
So it can either be plugged directly into a power point or with the cable, 
it can be placed on the desktop or the floor. Again, Cisco provided 2 sets of plug.





There is a Cat-5 jack behind. So it can be connected to the modem or any other device.





The set-up was extremely easy. 


This is how it looks like plugged to the wall socket. 
The Cisco logo glows when it is powered up.

Overall, it is a very useful device. I find that the router EA4500 router has already provided quite a good coverage for my apartment but this range extender covers any blind spot.

Do check out my unboxing photos of the Cisco Linksys EA4500 router here and the Cisco Linksys WES610N: 4-Port Dual Band N Entertainment Bridge here

No comments:

Post a Comment