Saturday 2 February 2013

Sitex 2012: Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Speakers

I used to have a Creative Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 speakers for my pc. It's a very old speakers which has served me well. I cannot remember when I bought it. I did some digging around on the internet and it was issued around 2000. It was an awesome speaker set and it has served me through several of my PC changes. It looks like the DTT2200 which is a 5.1 speaker but without the 3 additional speakers.

Unfortunately, it has been frequently giving cackling noises from the speakers. It is annoying when you are hearing something that is not part of the music or sound make-up.

I decided to get a new pair of speakers and I bought the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 at Sitex 2012. 

Some stats:

For Creative Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 
Satellite Power Output: 8.0 Watts/Channel
Subwooder Power Output: 22.0 Watts
Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 30 kHz

For the Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Satellite Power Output: 35.0 Watts/Channel
Subwooder Power Output: 130.0 Watts
Frequency Response: 31 Hz - 20 kHz


Here are the unboxing photos.










Product of China, fyi!
















The box at the top is the subwoofer.





THX certified!


Behind the woofer.



The speakers










Additional cables.






On my study table. Installation was quite a breeze.




THX Certified.



Without the cover.



My original 2.1 Soundworks speakers.

I was quite sad to dismantle my Cambridge 2.1.  I was also worried what to do with it. Throwing it away will be such a waste. I managed to give it away to a friend who was coincidentally looking for replacement speakers. He told me a few days later that the speakers was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment