Sunday 17 May 2015

Westin KL, Stayed and Reviewed.

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin KL in March and April 2015. Both are single night stay. I booked it through Agoda. There were a couple of reasons for staying at the Westin for my visit. A number of my clients were around this area. So I do not need a taxi to visit them since it is all walking distance. The hotel is located in front of the Pavilion, which is a huge mall with an equally huge food court and has many restaurants. So I do not have to eat at the hotel with its high price. It was also a chance for me try the hotel's Heavenly Bed

The Westin Heavenly Bed is one of their selling points. It comprises of 10 layers of 'heavenly comfort'. This includes a custom-designed pillow top mattress, three 400 thread count sheets and a down blanket, a comforter, white duvet, five pillows, two king sized goose feather pillows, two standard non-allergenic pillows and a decorative boudoir pillow. The whole Heavenly bed is available on Amazon.

I have stayed at the Westin Bali and I blogged about it here. Somehow, I remember the Heavenly Bed to be more 'thicker' in Bali as compared to the one in KL. But then again, it could be my imagination as that was 2 years ago.

Nevertheless, it was an excellent hotel. Excellent service from the staff. Very accommodating. The rooms are clean and very nice. I would definitely come back for a stay here next time.

Map link here.



The Westin in the heart of KL, Bukit Bintang area



On the right of the Westin, is the Marriott.


Next to Marriott is Sephora and the Fahrenheit mall.



The hotel lobby area. Free water on the left of the picture
and the Concierge counter on the right.



This is the check-in counter, opposite the concierge counter.



The weird concoction free water.



Upon entry of the room.



The colour tone makes the room very bright.




The study table and chair looks a bit dated. I remember the chair
as not being ergonomic. They could have used the Herman-Miller
Aeron chair.



Another view of the table....




The study lamp.



The day-bed by the window with a nice marble top table.




The in-room bar counter.



And the Heavenly Bed.



Another view.



Somehow I feel Westin Bali bed is much thicker. Westin uses
Simmons mattress.


The bathroom is quite spacious.


The bathtub.



The single sink with amenities.



The shower area.



The wardrobe.


The view from my room overlooks another hotel, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.




This view is the Ritz Residence.

For SPG members, you will get free room wifi. You can even signup on the spot after check-in. But there are expiry dates to the points accumulated from the SPG group stay. And booking through 3rd party website does not entitle you to any staying points.

Otherwise, staying at the Westin has always been enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment