Saturday 9 June 2012

Black and Decker Dustbuster Auto12V

A few years ago, the wife and I bought a Black & Decker Dustbuster Auto from Giant. This is the Dustbuster but for the automobile. It uses the 12V adapter that fits into the cigarette lighter.

Unfortunately, for some strange reason, it does not work anymore. I suspect the adapter shorted the device. So we decided to buy another Auto Dustbuster. We went to Autobacs and got the same device at SGD51.00
















According to the box, there are only 2 additional attachments. Hmmmm, that is quite strange. I will explain soon.

The features.



Well, it says here are 2 attachment.


The device.




The 2 attachments are located underneath the vacuum.



So there are only 2 attachments.


Compare this with the first Dustbuster that I bought, see picture below. As you can see, it is exactly the same. Except Black and Decker gave more attachments then and even a bag to keep everything. The goose neck is very useful.


So the vacuum cleaner is still the same. But as can be seen from this picture, they have reduced the number of attachments.

Another view of my original Dustbuster.

Another view of my new Dustbuster.

Another interesting thing. The original B&D vacuum cleaner was made in England.

The new one is made in China.

Since the old vacuum is not working, I would have to throw it away. But I think I learned from the Army, is to cannibalise any parts you can get your hands on. So I took the snout of the vacuum and the filter. Still looks new.

No comments:

Post a Comment